Publishing a new android application on google play is very simple.
- Write your application. There are already may blogs and ready documentation on this so wont go into the details here.
- Generate the signed APK. If you are using eclipse this is pretty straightforward. You only need to export the application using a keystore (for the first time you need to generate it).
- Test the APK generated on the device.
- Go though the publishing checklist. This will help you decide on ithe various publishing options.
- Create the publisher account (if you are going to publish in google play). To register as a publisher you need to pay $25. This can be done through your visa/master credit cards.
- Submit the application: After creating the account you can give the description of the application and submit it within the publisher account. The application will go live within a matter of few minutes. Link to my first android app: inspirational quotes
These are the minimum list of the things that you need to do to publish your app. However there are other features like IP protection, app statistics, future support etc that you need to think about before publishing your app.
There are some android tools that are useful like this one for image processing asset studio
- App statistics: Google has the google analytics that available for free by google. This can be integrated with your android app to get the app statistics. Also for submitting the app you need to publish some screenshots. Capture screenshots instructs you how to capture screenshots from your android phone.
- Marketing: When you publish your app you also need to think about how would you like to market the application. Option to rate your app is a must as this will definitely drive more people into your application. Also if you have a link to provide feedback you can get inputs as to how to improve your app.
- Advertizing and Monetising solutions: If you would like to place some advertisements then you can sign up for admob or other advertising solutions.