Android application Marketing techniques: You would be knowing very well, its more important to market your application correctly and then comes its usefulness. How many times have you come across apps that you feel are useless however it still has very high downloads. That is because they have been marketed very well. Even if your app is good it is useless if it isn't downloaded by the users. So marketing is the single most important thing for a developer. After the app is downloaded its usefulness determines whether it is retained by the user or deleted. So here I would like to discuss the various marketing techniques that you should try.
- First one week is the most important phase, this determines the velocity of the downloads. So before listing any apps start promoting it at least a week in advance. Make sure that all your loyal users get the app downloaded in the first week.
- Be a part of various android forums and publicize your apps. There are many such forum. This gets you connected with like minded developers.
- List your app in communities like this one that has many followers. It can be facebook communities, google groups etc.
- Encourage your app users to give it a 5 star rating. This has to be managed carefully. You would want the people who give a bad rating to mail you instead of rating you badly in the app store. A loyal user who has used the app for say 5 days or more may give you a good rating.
- Provide a g+ button in your app.
- If it is a game integrate google game services and provide leaderboards, high scores.
- Integrate your app with facebook, twitter and other social sites. An example of this is the success of candy crush integration with facebook.
- Provide incentives to in your app to your loyal users. This will make sure that the users never delete your app.
- Cross promote your other applications within the app.
Of-course there are many other paid marketing methods which I have not included here. Do post in your comments if you feel I have missed out on something.
If you do not feel getting enough revenue from your app, you can always boost it up by implementing GlobalHop SDK - https://globalhop.net/ReplyDelete